Tuesday 18 June 2019

LEA STEIN BROOCH = THE JOAN CRAWFORD = RED BLACK IVORINE

This is the Lea Stein woman's head brooch that is known as the Joan Crawford.  In the Lea Stei Jewelry book - written by Judith Last - it says this was designed between 1968-80.  It is a very popular brooch in my shop at Alfies Antiques in Marylebone.  I particularly like the colours in this one.  The hair is in typical Lea Stein layers of black, red and cream.  The face is an ivorine colour and the jacket is in a swirley red patter with a plain collar.  This one measures approx 2 x 2 1/4 inches.  It is priced at £65.  The reference number is 3308 D31/14.  It is one of a good selection of Lea Stein brooches I have in my shop.  If you are looking for a particular model please let me know and I will see if I can get one.
Lea Stein Brooch - the Joan Crawford - red black ivorine

No comments:

Post a Comment