Friday 1 December 2017

ART DECO PERIOD HANDKIES - THE PRINTED SQUARE

I have been selling vintage costume jewellery for over 35 years - and collecting for longer - but do not collect anything in particular.  I love to have examples of different things.  One small collection I do have is Art Deco period handk
ies - usually rayon.  I love these because of their designs and colours - they are just so alive and beautiful.  Some of my handkies were included in a book called 'The Printed Square' by Nicky Alrechtsen - Thames & Hudson.  I have just been give a set of five beautiful floral handkies.  The person who gave them to me was very upset that it was missing the sixth.  The dealer he bought them from had sold one of the set!   I wonder what colour the missing one was!

No comments:

Post a Comment