Friday 1 June 2012

LEA STEIN CICADA BROOCH- RED & BLACK


I love this red and black cicada brooch by Lea Stein! I do wear the cicada brooch - sometimes I wear a pair! This is in very strong colours - red and black for the head and black and white for the wings. These are edge in black and red. On the cicada you can easily see the layers of cellulose acetate in different colours that are bonded together to make the stripes. I also counted at least 6 different pieces that had to be put together - in addition to the clasp (which is marked with Lea Stein's name and Paris). The cicada is one of the bigger Lea Stein brooches. Full details on my web site - www.gillianhorsup.com - click here for my website Price £55. Ref: 2113 B77/30. My shop is at Grays Antiques in central London.

No comments:

Post a Comment